What is a Free Spins Casino Bonus?
Normally, in order to play pokies and use welcome bonuses, you must make a payment. Without making a minimum deposit, you are only allowed to play free pokies, which do not have real payouts. However, there is an exception, an online casino bonus that changes the rules: This is called a no deposit offer, and it awards lots of spins for free in exchange for creating an account.
That’s right: Making a deposit at an NZ casino is not needed. This bonus activates automatically right after registering, and credits spins to your online casino account. It may require using a bonus code, but a minimum deposit is not needed at all. These spins can be used on online slots, and if you win something, you are allowed to keep it as long as you complete a wagering condition.
Free Spins no Deposit: Pros and Cons
|You can win bonus money or free spins without a minimum deposit.||There is always a wagering condition and a time limit to complete it.|
|You can combine them with a first deposit bonus.||The maximum withdrawal amount of the bonus may be limited.|
|You can continue to win more free spins with other offers.||Finding online casino bonus codes that activate the offer may be hard.|
|You can play the best slot games with your bonus.|
Types of Free Spins Offers
There are multiple ways to win bonus spins: While the most common option is joining a casino with no deposit free spins bonuses, you can also win them by gaining loyalty points, using a bonus code, or making a small deposit. Below, we list different ways of getting this promo at a spins-no-deposit casino.
Free Spins Deposit Bonus
These are deposit offers that award spins for free. The most common example is the sign up bonus: With your initial deposit, you get a match bonus and a couple of spins for free. A similar promotion is available for existing players too: When they make a deposit, they can also win free bonuses that award spins. These are called “deposit spins” and wagering required to use/withdraw the bonus or winnings that come from the bonus. Until the wagering condition is met, you play with your own cash.
Free Spins Bonus on Registration (no deposit)
This is the regular no deposit bonus that is the subject of this guide: It is a free bonus that can be claimed right after creating a player account. Unlike deposit match bonuses, no minimum deposit is required. In fact, no deposit is required: becoming a member is enough. In exchange, you get a couple of extra spins for free for playing slots. Some forms of this no deposit bonus also lets you get a small amount of cash instead of bonus spins. In any case, it is the best free spins bonus you can use at new casinos. Most free spins offers in the iGaming industry fit this description.
Free Spins No Deposit NZ
These promotions also let you claim free spins without payment, and they are not different from the no deposit free spins bonuses we described above. However, as the name implies, such online casino free spins are exclusive to New Zealand players, and the bonuses they award are in NZD. According to free spins terms, a wagering condition is still needed.
Free Spins on Wager NZ
Once again, this no deposit bonus is exclusive to New Zealand players and awards casino free spins without any payment. However, such free spin bonuses have a huge difference: They don’t require you to complete a wagering condition. You can win real money and withdraw your winnings instantly. As can be guessed, there are not lots of online casinos out there that offer this kind of bonus rule.
Free Spins VIP Reward
Online casino sites have free spins bonuses for high roller or VIP players too. These can be no deposit bonus offers (i.e. free spins no deposit) or real money promos that require making a minimum deposit. In any case, these casino bonuses will be exclusive to VIP players. Almost all free spins casinos offer some kind of VIP program and several opportunities for VIP/loyal players to win real money.
Free Spins Wagering Requirements
No deposit casino bonuses award real money, but this has some conditions: There is no such thing as free money. A no deposit casino will ask you to wager a certain amount of real money in order to unlock your winnings. (This applies to welcome bonus offers too.) The money you need to wager is determined by the wagering rate, and this is different at each online casino. Here is an example:
- By using a no deposit bonus (or a bonus code), you win money or free spin.
- This bonus cash (or your winnings from the bonus) will be transferred to your account instantly, but it will be “locked”.
- To unlock the bonus funds, you must wager your own money on casino slots. This means making a deposit and using it to play games with real money (demo mode does not count).
- For example, let’s say you have won 50 NZD, and the 20x wagering is needed. You should wager 1.000 NZD (50 x 20) first to unlock the bonus amount.
- Only after that you will be able to withdraw or use the casino bonus.
Free Spins: Best Mobile Bonus Offers
Free spins no deposit offers work the same on all platforms. In other words, it is possible to take advantage of them no matter what device you use. No deposit bonus terms will be the same whether you use desktop PCs or mobile devices. So:
- You can activate the bonus package by simply opening a new casino account without the need for a money deposit.
- You can use your free cash or bonus spins on pre-selected slots (these games also work on mobile).
- You can withdraw your winnings by completing a wagering condition.
Online casinos use responsive designs today, and their content and the services they offer do not differ between platforms (desktop – mobile). You can take advantage of casino bonus offers and games without the need to use a separate app like the FaFaFa Gold Slots or Hot Vegas. All the information we provide in this guide about casino bonuses is also valid for mobile devices. In fact, it is even possible to say that mobile users are more advantageous in terms of free spins bonuses: Most online casinos offer higher casino bonuses to encourage mobile gaming and allow mobile players to use bonus codes more often.
Top 5 Online Pokies with Free Spins
Casinos offer free spins to use playing slot machines: With a no deposit bonus, you can use the spins you get to play all kinds of slots. As we mentioned above, real money you earn with free spins bonuses will also be transferred to your account. However, most online casino sites only allow you to use bonus spins only on certain games. So, you cannot use the no deposit bonus in any game you choose: The casino games that are included in the free spin promo are pre-selected.
Even if there is no such restriction, your bonus spins will always have a limit, so you need to carefully choose the slots where you will use them. To help you out, we have reviewed all the spin casino slots and selected the best ones for no deposit bonuses. You can find all these games at the addresses in the best free spins casinos list that we have shared in this guide. Note that the following free slots can also be played with a welcome bonus.
- Mega Moolah: Developed by Microgaming, this game is known as the “world’s most paying progressive jackpot”. It even has a Guinness World Record. If you want to play slots that pay well, this should be your first choice.
- Book of Dead: A popular slot in most casinos. Developed by Play’n GO, it contains 5 reels and 10 lines. This game has high volatility and has a payout of 5.000 times the total bet.
- Wizard of Oz: This online casino slot is a classic game developed by WMS. Based on the same-named story, it contains 243 bet lines and several bonus features.
- Where’s the Gold: Another popular title at free spins casinos. Offers medium volatility and 95.00% RTP. It also contains 5 reels & 25 bet lines.
- 88 Fortunes: One of the best options for playing with real money (or bonus code). It contains 243 bet lines and offers a high RTP of 96.00%. You can win up to 1.000 coins per spin.
Free Spins no Deposit Types by Denomination
Online casino sites offer no deposit free spins in many different forms. In general, the content of the no deposit bonus is the same, that is, you get a couple of spins just by opening a new account without having to deposit real money. Likewise, you must complete a wagering requirement to withdraw or redeem any winnings from the casino bonus. However, the online casino industry is very diverse, and the amount you win with free spin bonuses varies with each offer. In this regard, the most common free spins no deposit amounts in the industry are:
- 10 No Deposit Free Spins: This free spins bonus is quite common. You can find it at many casinos out there (i.e., Europa Casino). As the name implies, this free spins offer includes 10 spins.
- 25 No Deposit Free Spins: Still a common free spins casino promo: awards 25 free spins on registration. You may find the offer at Hello Casino.
- 50 No Deposit Free Spins: Not that common among NZ casinos, though you may find such offers at LeoVegas Casino or JackpotCity Casino. You get 50 spins with this offer to use on slot machine titles without depositing real cash.
- 60 No Deposit Free Spins: Casino players can get 60 spins with this bonus at gambling sites, for example, Spin Casino. No real money deposit is needed.
- 80 No Deposit Free Spins: Without opening a real money account, you can receive free spins (worth 80 spins) with this offer and use them on video slot titles.
- 100 No Deposit Free Spins: Online casinos offering this bonus usually make it a part of the welcome bonus. It is very rare to get these kinds of free spins offers without a deposit. However, Europa Casino gives you a chance to get this bonus.
- 150 No Deposit Free Spins: No deposit bonuses offering this many spins are very rare. Most of the time, this is a welcome bonus with wagering requirements attached.
How to Claim Free Spins with no Deposit?
Claiming a free spins no deposit offer is not that hard: Even if this is your first time, you can start playing a slot game with a no deposit casino promotion in no time. Here is everything you need to do, step by step:
- Check our list of recommended casino sites again: We have already selected the best free spins bonuses for you. Pick a casino and visit its website.
- First, check out the current promotions page to see the bonus terms & conditions of all the cash bonuses you can use, including the welcome package, reload bonus, and, of course, all other free money bonuses.
- Return to the main page and look for a button that says “join” or “register”. Click on that button and open the registration form.
- Fill out the form and make sure to provide verifiable information. Remember that all the casinos will ask you to verify your registration info when you want to withdraw money: This is a standard practice in the casino industry. (If you need to use a no deposit bonus code, you need to do so during the registration phase.)
- After finishing the registration process and creating your casino account, log in with your user info and open your profile page.
- The majority of no deposit free spins offers are activated automatically after you log in. You will see the no deposit bonus spins on your profile page: You can start using them right away on selected slot games. If this is not the case, contact customer support: They can activate your no deposit free spins offer manually.
That’s it: Any free spins winnings you get will be transferred to your account automatically. However, unless they are wager free spins, you need to finish a wagering requirement first, as explained above.
How to Claim Additional Free Spins?
No deposit free spins bonus is just a start: There are lots of other free spin offers you can use on a casino site. For example:
- You can get additional free rounds by making deposits. These free spin offers can be a part of the welcome bonus or the reload bonus. In any case, you will be able to win additional spins for free on a regular basis (most of the time, however, a deposit will be required).
- You can earn cash prizes with every wager you make and gain levels in the loyalty program. At each level, you can claim additional free spins bonus offers to use on the best online pokies. (Many online casinos also allow you to get loyalty bonuses to use on table games too.)
- From time to time, you can use a bonus code to trigger a free spins bonus. These codes are awarded during special days, such as Christmas, Easter, your birthday, etc.
Are free spins no deposit legal in NZ?
Online gambling is considered illegal in New Zealand, so you cannot find any no deposit casinos in the country. However, playing at offshore desktops & live casino sites is not prohibited in any way: Kiwi players looking for a no deposit casino bonus can play at any of our recommended free spin casinos.
How do I keep what I win with free spins?
Your free spin winnings will be transferred to your account instantly, but in order to keep and use them, you must complete a wagering condition. (This is also true for all other free casino bonus offers.) This means wagering money by playing online casino games.
Where can Kiwis get no deposit free spins?
All New Zealand casinos selected by us are offering free spins to new players and current members. We tested all online casino operators personally and found out which ones are best for NZ players. If you want to take advantage of the best no deposit bonuses, you can choose any of them.
Can I use free spins on all pokies?
This is not possible. Online casinos select a single game or multiple slot machines for the promo, and the free spin bonus can only be used on them. For example, a Netent free spins bonus will only work on slots developed by Netent. Likewise, Microgaming free spins will work only on Microgaming titles. Simply put, no deposit bonus deals do not work on all slots at online casinos.
Can kiwi players get free spins no deposit no wager?
Not all online casinos offer them, but yes, wager free bonuses exist, and some online casinos offer them. It is also possible to activate them using special no deposit bonus codes. If you are looking for a no deposit bonus package like that, keep visiting us: We list such offers on our site on a regular basis.
What is the best pokie for free spins no deposit?
There is no single best game for the no deposit free spins bonus. We recommend checking online slots of the popular game providers (such as Pragmatic Play and Net Entertainment). All New Zealand online casinos selected by us work with the most popular game providers and offer free spins.