Beauty and the Beast is one of the most popular fairytales across the globe, which makes it no surprise that Yggdrasil Gaming and numerous other software companies would use it as an inspiration for slot games. This tale tells of a handsome prince turned into a hideous beast for being rude to a witch, and the spell can only be broken if the prince can find his true love. After years of despair, the beast finally gets the chance to break the spell when the beautiful Belle comes into his life.
Yggdrasil Gaming tells this story on five reels and three rows that have twenty play lines running across. The playing grid is encased in beautiful marble carvings, and it is made sheer so that the beast’s castle can be spotted in the background. At the top of the screen sits a snowy forest in the night while medieval music plays on the background. The tempo of the music increases as gameplay proceeds, which adds a nice touch to the set.
Beauty and the Beast may have a deep storyline unfolding on the screen, but its procedure of play remains the same as that of nearly all other casino slot games found online. This process is conducted using the control panel placed at the bottom of the screen, which holds numerous functions including:
- Lines – displays the number of bet lines in the slot, which is twenty. These lines cannot be adjusted and have to all be used during gameplay;
- Coin value – adjusts the credit value used between 0.1 and 5 credits
- Cash bet – displays the stake placed in each round in cash. The minimum accepted stake is 0.2 credit while the maximum is 100 credits or its equivalent in NZ dollars
- Golden star – activates the golden bets
- A white rotating arrow in a purple button – spins the reels
- A play button encased in a small white rotating arrow – activates autoplay for up to one thousand spins
- Win – displays the payouts of each round
- Balance – shows the total amount the punter has in actual cash rather than credits.
The icons displayed on the reels play a huge role in passing on the theme of the game, and they are developed using stunning cartoon and three-dimensional graphics. These characters include:
- Purple gem
- Yellow gem
- Blue gem
- Pink gem
- Green gem
- Red gem
- Crowned Belle
The mirror is the wild in Beauty and the Beast pokies, which grants it the power to complete the winning combos of other symbols or make them bigger. The only item that cannot be replaced is the rose, which plays the role of the scatter.
Yggdrasil Gaming rewards gamblers in the form of credits in most of their slot games, Beauty and the Beast included. These wins multiplied by your bet are accorded for three to five characters of the same kind as follows:
|Symbol||Wins for three||Wins for four||Wins for five|
|Purple and Yellow gems||Five credits||Twenty credits||Fifty credits|
|Belle (both icons)||Thirty||One hundred||Two hundred & fifty|
|Prince/Beast||Thirty||One hundred||Two hundred & fifty|
Servants also appear at random on the screen to award different bonus features as follows:
- Butler – moves one reel up or down to improve the chances of a combination
- Chef – makes the symbols on the three middle reels in sync
- Maid – adds two to four wilds on the grid at random
The Rose scatter is used to trigger ten free spins when three to five of them appear anywhere on the screen. The appearance of four or five of them awards an additional one thousand and five thousand jackpot coins respectively. During the spins, players can choose to activate one of the three servants to improve the chances of winning.
Beauty and the Beast online slot is available for gameplay on mobile devices in instant play mode where no download is required for the game to run. Both free and real money versions of the set are supported as well.